Monday, August 13, 2007

I Promise to Be Interesting!


Some of you might know me as The Girl Who Wanted to Play Golf

Other simply know me as the masochist who took way too many classes last semester.

Either way, I'll be happy to entertain you.

My desire to golf put me in touch with a few kind hearted golfers whose responses really brought a shine into my life. The responses are honest and creative and everything in between.

There are those that tried to pet me in the head and say "Hon, you have no idea what you are getting yourself into". Sir I know...but try telling my brain that.

Others tried to get me to play tennis with them.

Sawree...I already have way to many tennis partners on my speed dial. A occasional wack or two is agreeable...or you can try the Hearst Court Thursday or Saturday evening and look for the girl who likes to make people run.

That’s my partner.

"Hey! That was a cheap shot!"
"99 cents special baaaaby"

Some are generous enough to take me shopping with them for "cute golf attire". Thanks! But I don't even go shopping with my friends. My mother is more honest.

Picture this:

"Dani, does this dress make me look fat?"
"Of course not! You look like a million bucks!"

But my mom favors the British.

"Mommy, does this dress make me look fat?"
"Sweetheart, you look like a million pounds!"

And then there are the rare few and between that took pity on me. Some even offered to start right away when I get back to Cal.

I thank you, I thank you, and I thank you.


As time pass, I promise to strive to be more of a golfer and less of a gopher.

I promise to make your contributions worth your while, soon enough you'll have a full fledge hacking partner with you.

There are a few that wanted to help, perhaps taken by my desperateness. And then came to their senses and go "why am I doing this? For all I know she might be a serial killer"

I promise that I am not. I don't have time for that stuff. I don't even know why I am starting this blog when I am cramming way too many courses and barely hang on to sleep.

But I do know that many of you are having it worse than me.

And a little entertainment goes a lonnnnnnnng way

So if you think that this worth it, give me a shout out by clicking on that tantalizing button underneath. Comment away, I'll try to get back to all of you. Understand that it will take time, but I'll try.

For those who are media shy, email me at joannablogging@gmail.com

I'll still get back to you...eventually.

So let’s recap, my name is Joanna. A Cal Bear who is taking on golf while updating this blog (once or twice a week) with funny golf stories or my daily life in Cal. Mostly about my life in Cal. That and my culinary conquests.


Yes, stick to this blog and I'll guide you through midterms and hangovers.

And yes, Stanford students are welcome too.


Really, we're a friendly lot.

I ask of nothing more than a simple comment to know that I am entertaining you.

This makes this worthwhile.

Oh, for those who are worried about being posted here if you are already associated with me, worry not. I highly respect everyone's privacy and will ASK before posting anything about you.

For those who are worried about my sanity / willingness to let people into my life because I'll get stalked....well....

I genuinely believe that most people you'll meet in life are good people, as long as you let them be. Or at least this is what I hope, for I don't want to live in a world that I can't pretend I believe in.

So anyone is welcomed: golfers, gofers, college slaves, alumni, those who aspire to attend college, worried parents who want a glimpse into college life other than stalking your kids on myspace. The occasional day laborer.

Welcome aboard.


Oh before I go, if anyone is interested to put a face to this lunatic, this is me when I was 8.


Didn't change much, use your imagination.

* Oh yes, guys who are confused as to how to answer the "does this make me look fat" question, stick around. First I got my final to deal with.











6 comments:

Unknown said...

This is probably the coolest thing I have seen that is directly related to CL. =)

Anonymous said...

Not really interesting but worth reading for curiosity.

HomerOnSteroids

Anonymous said...

definitely entertained... your work is not in vein. You are quite the sharp cookie indeed.

-another bored yet overwhelmingly busy college boy

Joanna (Yin) Lin said...

Michael: Thank you! Nicest comment I've hear all day!

Homeronsteriods: Hey, at least it is worth reading. :) Check back, I'll try harder.

Greg: I usually have this urge to clean my room as the dateline swooshes by.

Anonymous said...

replace "clean my room" with "hit my heavy bag" and we have an identical match!

Joanna (Yin) Lin said...

Greg: Do you do boxing? Or you just like to hit heavy things...